Our Ethos, Values, Aims and Motto
Our school and grounds provide exciting places to learn and play. We have a sunny, well resourced library, a music and drama room, a well equipped ICT suite and bright and colourful classrooms.
A wide range of exciting outdoor activities include a games library, an outdoor theatre with musical instruments, an adventure trail, artificial grass area, garden plots and a secret story garden.
These resources support our excellent team of teachers, teaching assistants and support staff who work together to ensure that we fulfil our school mission statement and meet our aims.
Our Mission Statement
Our school will promote the highest quality of education within a challenging, stimulating learning environment and within the context of Christian values. We will provide a caring, supportive, evaluative and outward looking school community, in which each individual feels safe, valued and respected.
· To provide a broad, balanced, challenging curriculum which inspires our children and encourages in them a love of learning.
· To develop self-esteem, confidence and social skills, building on individual strengths and celebrating personal achievement.
· To promote and value an independent approach to learning, encouraging children to take risks and be evaluative within a secure environment.
· To provide every possible opportunity for pupils to reach their intellectual, creative, spiritual, physical and personal potential.
· To encourage children to enjoy exercise and lead healthy lives.
· To ensure that every child is literate, numerate and has effective ICT capabilities to continue their learning journey.
· To foster respect and good manners and promote individual responsibility for maintaining the school as a safe and happy community.
· To nurture positive relationships within our school community, with St. Peters Methodist Church and with our local community.
· To encourage children to be thankful and to strive to help others.
· To create a sense of global citizenship, introducing pupils to world issues.