Welcome to our Class 5 page
Welcome back Class 5! We hope you all had a relaxing half term and are ready and raring to learn in the run up to Christmas. Mrs. Clark Murphy will be your teacher from Monday to Thursday and Mrs. Twiddle will cover the class on Fridays. The Class 5 team also includes Mrs. Wilson, Mr. Cialis, Mrs. Campbell and Miss. Sample. See below for some information about what we will be learning about this term:
You will need these things in school everyday:
- A named water bottle.
- Your PE kit.
- A coat.
- A healthy snack such as fruit or carrot sticks for break time (please no crisps, biscuits or chocolate or anything with nuts)
To contact Mrs. Clark Murphy, please either contact the school office, or email using the address below:
Homework will now be sent home in a separate book on Wednesday afternoons. It should be brought back into school the following Tuesday to be marked. Each week children should spend 20 minutes completing a maths activity and another 20 minutes completing an English activity. There will also be an optional topic activity to complete from a grid of ideas. Each week children should also spent some time practising their weekly spellings, termly KIRFs and times tables.
Spellings will be tested on Thursday mornings. If you are unsure of your spelling group check the front of your spelling book or ask Mrs. Clark Murphy. To help you learn you spellings have a go at some of these activities:
- Draw a picture and hide your spelling words inside.
- Type out your spellings, using different fonts for each word.
- Write your spellings in different coloured pens or pencils.
- Cut and stick letters from old newspaper and magazines to write out your spellings.
- Write a silly story and try to include all your spelling words.
Blue Group Spellings - Term 2
Red Group Spellings - Term 2
Children in year 5 are expected to know all their times tables facts (both multiplication and division) up to 12x12. Make sure you keep practising, regularly at home to help you in your maths lessons. If you need any ideas to help you practise, please get in contact with Mrs. Clark Murphy.
We will be continuing to quiz the children every week on their times tables facts in school.